The Digital Designer is responsible for the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work. This could be anything from responsive site interfaces, HTML emails, banners, mobile/tablet apps and/or microsites. The role involves working closely with Creatives, UX and Developers. On any given day, the role could involve taking a simple hand-drawn scamp or an interactive wireframe and turning into a digital campaign or website layout using Sketch, Photoshop and/or other Adobe creative suite software.
- Interact with copy and design team as a creative problem-solvers.
- Contribute unique ideas for strategic marketing initiatives for digital products.
- Design HTML email and responsive newsletter templates.
- Design, resize and animate of digital banners.
- Design websites, apps and online experiences for a range of digital media platforms.
- Translate business requirements into functional interfaces and creative layouts.
- Follow internal design and creative brainstorming methodologies.
- Staying up to date with emerging digital trends, online culture, attend events and engage with the wider digital creative community.
- Work closely with the technical (development and QA) team to ensure deliverables are designed and produced at the highest level of quality.
- Articulate and present creative ideas/treatments to teams and clients.
- Display a high attention to detail, as well as a genuine desire to produce work at the highest and most creative standard.
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures.
1. Education / Professional
- Graduate with a good pass degree
- Minimum of 2 years design experience
- Minimum of 2 years working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum of 1 year working with an agency or creative design company
2. Knowledge Required
- Familiarity with design principles of user experience, and experience design
- Understanding of responsive and adaptive design principles
- Ability and experience designing user interfaces
- Experience designing HTML emails
- Experience designing banners and rich media deliverables
3. Skills Required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Creative and/or user design focus
- Proficient working with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to assess and develop technical and process concepts
- Knowledge of the web trends, standards and internet usage
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Ability to manage time and capacity
- Ability to test own work and perform design QA