Senior Interaction Designer
The Designory is looking for a passionate Senior Interaction Designer who has a strong eye for design combined with an intuitive understanding of site functionality, interaction, architecture and user interfaces. Your expertise will be applied across the spectrum of digital products and media for a wide variety of clients. You’ll collaborate closely with strategy to lead teams in creating exceptional user experiences through research, information architecture and interactive design — as well as be comfortable walking clients through the same. But you’ll keep your skills fresh by still being part of user testing and building out wireframes & prototypes. If you’re ready to bring your enthusiasm, excitement and leadership for all things digital, we’re ready to talk to you!
- Collaborate daily with a team of fellow strategists, art directors, developers, copywriters and designers
- Lead client calls and presentations
- Produce comps/prototypes for client presentations
- Produce/oversee production of style guides
- Be current on new developments and technologies related to interactive marketing and communications
- Help to oversee other members of the creative team and guide them as a true leader
- Bring an easy-going, friendly demeanor to a tight-knit work team
- 8+ years of experience in an agency or similar setting as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar roles.
- Excellent communications skills — written and in-person
- Strong background with user interface design experience
- In-depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Familiarity with major web analytics packages and SEO strategies
- Expert eye for detail and visual design including typography, animation, iconography, color and composition.
- Ability to self-manage your time, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- BA in Marketing, Design, Fine Arts or related field a plus
- Advanced expertise with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin and InVision
- This role is on-site in our Downtown Chicago office